Friday 16 October 2009

The Thing I've Learnt

When I was young we moved around quite a lot as a family (that is my Mum and I). It wasn't until I was about 12 years old when we finally settled somewhere. Even then, at 15 we moved again. The distances weren't particularly far apart, in fact usually it was the same town. This is significant because, it always meant that essentially I was always around the same people. However, on the 3rd April 2009 I had an interview for a job in Blackpool; a job of which I am now 4 months into. Needless to say, this meant a move away from my friends, my family and my Church. No longer would I have the comfort of a Grandparent around the corner, or friends to whom I could just "drop-in". The door of life had opened and it was a big scary place ahead.

However, despite the initial fears and concerns - which, by the grace of God, are all now well overcome - I feel settled in Blackpool. I am thankful for the opportunities that have arisen to me through my faith. In my interview they asked me why I felt I was suitable for the job. I answered that I felt I had two primary gifts; both of which were God given. The first, is the ability to work with young people. The second, is the power of the Holy Spirit. Individually, I told them, these gifts were very strong. Together, the possibilities were endless.

The evidence for this is apparent by the successes that have been created through the work of God through me in Wallasey and in Blackpool.

Essentially, I have learnt that when we do things for other people in the name of Christ and for God they will be extremely successful. It is only when we do things for ourselves and ourselves alone that we begin to fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment